The Connection between the Spine and Illness
Chiropractors work on the basis that if the spine is out of alignment, it will affect human health. Indeed, there is much evidence that this is the case.
As one example, Henry Windsor, MD in Haverford,Pennsylvania,USA dissected a total of 75 human and 22 cat cadavers. He found that 221 structures other than the spine were found diseased. Of these, 212 were observed to belong to the same sympathetic (nerve) segments as the vertebrae in curvature.
The diseases he examined are as follows:
- Stomach Disease – All 9 cases of spinal misalignment in the mid-thoracic area (T5-T9) had stomach disease.
- Lung Disease – All 26 cases of lung disease had spinal misalignments in the upper thoracic spine.
- Liver Disease – All 13 cases of liver disease had misalignments in their mid-thoracic (T5-T9).
- Gallstones – all 5 cases with gallstone disease had spinal misalignments in the mid thoracic.
- Pancreas – All 3 case with pancreatic disease had spinal misalignments in the mid thoracic.
- Spleen – All 11 cases with spleen disease had spinal misalignments in the mid thoracic.
- Kidney – All 17 cases with kidney disease had spinal misalignments in the lower thoracic.
- Prostate & Bladder Disease – All 8 cases with kidney, prostate and bladder disease had the lumbar (L2-L3) vertebrae misaligned.
- Uterus – The 2 cases with the uterine conditions had the L2 misaligned.
- Heart Disease – All 20 cases with heart and pericardium conditions had the upper five thoracic vertebrae (T1-T5) misalignment.
Dr Windor’s results are published in The Medical Times all the way back in November 1921!
You can live a healthier, happier life with chiropractic care. My new patient offer gives you an opportunity to experience the gains available from Chiropractic and massage at a specially discounted rate. Call my office today for an appointment. (636) 391-1611