Dorland’s Medical Dictionary states that: “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
There is more to being healthy than just feeling good. We can feel well along the path of dis-ease (lack of ease) before we begin to experience symptoms. Remember, if you have been experiencing life as a compromised level since birth, you have no standard of good health against which to measure up how you feel.
How you feel therefore is not a good indicator of how healthy you are.
How can chiropractic help?
Chiropractic is that clinical science that is based upon a law of biology that states that inborn into all living things is the ability to be well.
Chiropractic draws on the fact that the nervous system (consisting of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and special sensory organs) controls and so-ordinates all other organs and structures in the body and relates it to its environment.
Removing interference to this master control system allows the body to heal itself and gives the optimum conditions for life and health.
The basic principles
There are four fundamental premises that chiropractors work with:
- The body is a self healing and self regulating mechanism.
- The nerve system is the master controlling and organizing system in the body.
- Anything that interferes with normal nerve function is bad. These interferences are known as subluxations.
- Anything that reduces disturbances in the nerve system is beneficial.
How does my spine affect my health?
The Controller Of Health In Our Body Is The Brain And Nerve System
The brain and nerve system control and co-ordinate life energy and therefore all of our functions, including our digestion, circulation and respiration.
Mental impulses flow from the brain, down the spinal cord, out between the moveable spinal vertebrae in the spinal nerves to all parts of the body. There is a reciprocal flow that comes back from all the organs and cells of the body to the brain, telling the brain what is happening.
How do we get sick?
Disease Doesn’t Just Happen…It Develops For A Reason
- When we encounter stressors, our nerve system is the first to respond. If our body can’t adapt, the nerve system responds by short circuiting less important areas for the good of the important areas. Commonly this short-circuiting process involves a subluxation (we’ll discuss subluxations shortly).
- Compromised position sets the scene for a state of dis-ease. As dis-ease continues, a state of symptomatic expression starts to manifest. Welcome to the pathological chain of events that leads to named conditions and sickness.
- Disease, even though often classified as such, is not an entity.
- Disease could be compared to darkness it is a lack of something, a lack of health.
What are these stressors?
This Is The True Cause Of Lost Health
We live in a world that includes many stressors. These stressors come in one of three forms:
- Physical – Birth trauma, slips falls, accidents, poor seating.
- Chemical – Nutritionally deficient food, drugs, pollution.
- Mental/Emotional – Negative thoughts, feelings, environmental influences.
When the stressor exceeds our body’s ability to defend against it, we succumb.
When are we most susceptible?
You are most susceptible when your nerve energy is hindered your body’s ability to fight off disease and other health problems. Your body’s ability to communicate with itself is the cornerstone of good health because when this “back and forth” communication is faint, blurred or blocked for any extended period of time your body gets sick.
Come in now to be evaluated so you can discover if you have any subluxations that could lead to sickness or disease over time if left untreated!
What can be done to get more healthy?
I have been working with patients for 30 years to help them with chronic back pain and a host of other ills caused by these factors. I employ gentle, effective Activator method because I have observed that it gets the best results for my patients.
My new patient offer includes an introduction to chiropractic services, an adjustment and a 30-minute massage at a specially discounted rate. Call today and ask for your new patient appointment. (636) 391-1611